Join Team IMBCR in the LA Marathon
IMBCR is an official charity of the 2019 Skechers Performance LA Marathon
Sunday, March 24th, 2019
If running a marathon is something you’ve always wanted to do, or never even thought about doing until now, this is a great time to do it! You can accomplish two goals, running 26.2 miles as well as helping to raise much needed funds for research for the Institute for Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research.
The Los Angeles Marathon offers a shorter distance race called Charity Challenge that is EXCLUSIVE and only available to Official Charity Partners! This is an event, held within the Los Angeles Marathon where participants run the second half (beginning at mile 13 of the marathon in Hollywood – on Sunset blvd and Orange Grove Ave at 8:30 am) of the LA marathon course!
This year the LA Marathon will be offering the Charity Challenge, which is only open to individuals who have committed to run for an official LA Marathon charity.
Each Charity Challenge runner will run the second half of the marathon. Friends who want to compete with one another for quickest time can do so via the Charity Challenge.
Participants will receive the same support, participant shirt and goody bag as full marathoners, along with a special medal, designed just for the Charity Challenge!
Interested in joining TEAM IMBCR?
Run and Raise Funds
- Registration has been paid upfront by IMBCR
- Each runner is expected to raise $1500
- Registration is now open and goes through March 20th
To help everyone prepare for the marathon:
- We are starting to plan group runs on Sundays at IMBCR.
- We will also provide a training schedule so that by next March you will be fit and prepared for the event.
- Visit the official LA Marathon website to learn more about the marathon.
Follow us on Facebook – we will share event details and photos.